VR headsets such as Oculus Rift, Meta Quest Pro, Meta Quest 2, Quest 2 with Link, as well as HTC Vive and Valve Index are supported on Windows computers.Other devices (Pico, Reverb, etc.) are unofficially supported through SteamVR.
Setting up your VR headset for Roblox
To enable your VR experience with Roblox, you must first make sure that Roblox is installed on your computer and then follow these steps:
- Make sure your device is properly connected to your computer and that VR mode is enabled within the experience settings (Menu > Settings > VR > Enabled). For more details, see How to toggle VR mode below.
- Install and set up the VR app for your device: Oculus VR or Steam VR.
Supported devices: HTC Vive, Valve Index, and others
- From your computer, install and launch the SteamVR app.
- Enable OpenXR as the backend for SteamVR.
- Enable the controllers: (To enable a controller, press the system button until you hear a beep.) (To disable a controller, press and hold the system button until you hear a beep.)
- The status icons in the SteamVR app and the status lights on the hardware should all be green.
- To bring up the system dashboard, press the system button on one of the controllers.
Note: When you exit SteamVR, the controllers will automatically turn off. The controllers will also turn off automatically after being idle for a certain period of time. 6. Select Play in a Roblox experience 7. Put on your VR headset and play!
Supported devices: Oculus Quest2 with Link, Meta Quest 2, Meta Quest Pro, Oculus Rift, and compatible
- Install and launch the Oculus app on your computer. Note: Oculus drivers will not load unless your computer has at least an Nvidia GTX1060 graphics card or equivalent.
- Make sure your device is connected and the status is Ready.
- Under Settings / General in the Oculus app, select OpenXR Runtime.
- Select Play in a Roblox experience: Roblox experiences
- Put on your VR headset and play!
If you are using a Meta Quest 2, you will need to enable Link within your VR headset.To verify that your device is connected, perform the following steps:
- Open the Devices tab and find your VR headset.
- Make sure the status is green and there are no errors.
If you are using a Meta Quest 2 and Meta Quest Pro, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Search for Roblox in the Quest Store and install it from there.
- Make sure your Meta Quest device is up to date (Roblox requires v55 of the Meta Quest software).
- Launch Roblox on your Quest device.
- Sign in to your existing Roblox account* using the Quick Connect option on your computer or smartphone.
How to toggle VR modeTo toggle VR mode in Roblox, follow these steps:
- Open the Roblox app on your computer.
- Click on the Menu button (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Settings > VR.
- Toggle the VR mode switch to the On position.
- Click on the Save button.
Tips for playing Roblox in VR
- Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for VR.
- Use a comfortable VR headset with a good field of view.
- Adjust the settings in Roblox to optimize your experience.
- Take breaks to avoid motion sickness.
VR headsets offer a unique and immersive way to play Roblox. With a little preparation, you can enjoy your favorite games and experiences in a whole new way.
The article was written by Amit Caesar
Here are some exciting new articles you don't want to miss!
- Feeling Frosty: VR Cold Sensation Tech is Here
- Apple Vision Pro: The Future of Spatial Computing
- Can Virtual Reality Smell Your Farts?
- Meta Quest 3: Everything you need to know
- Amazing products for your VR from Amazon
- The Best Accessories for Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Experience the future of sex with virtual reality and artificial intelligence
- Virtual Reality: A whole new world opens up to you on eBay
- How to Watch Netflix in VR: A Step-by-Step Guide
Here are the links to my social media pages:
Twitter (x): [link]