OUR 3 TOP PICKS
Best for Most Users
Oculus Quest 2
$399.00 at Amazon Free Express ShippingThe Oculus Quest 2 improves on nearly everything from the original at a more affordable price, making it the best $300 VR headset for newbies and experienced users alike.
- No cables required
- Sharp display
- Powerful processor
- Accurate motion tracking
- Optional PC tethering with accessory cable
Read Oculus Quest 2 Review
Best for PS4 Gamers
Sony PlayStation VR
$349.99 at Amazon The Sony PlayStation VR headset brings powerful, compelling virtual reality, with motion control support, to the PlayStation 4.
- Immersive VR experience.
- Works with non-VR apps and games.
- Motion control support.
- Low cost of entry compared with PC-based headsets.
- Requires PlayStation Camera, which is not included.
- Slightly less powerful than its main competitors.
- Some motion-tracking hiccups when playing in brightly lit rooms.
Read Sony PlayStation VR Review
Best for Whole-Room VR
HTC Vive Cosmos
$699.99 at Amazon Free Express ShippingThe HTC Vive Cosmos VR headset is a technically impressive improvement on the original Vive, but it's very expensive and you still have to deal with a cable.
- Doesn't require external sensors.
- Improved motion controls.
- Sharp display.
- Large software library with Viveport and SteamVR.
- Clunky cable.
- Requires a full-size DisplayPort 1.2 port.
Read HTC Vive Cosmos Review
The Best Selling VR Headset This Week*